PEGUIS FIRST NATION
Community Support & Services Program
Is looking for an individual interested in becoming an
Administrative Assistant/Front Receptionist
Part-Time Term Position
Executive Director of Peguis Community Support & Services, Selkirk Youth Hub Initiative
The Administrative Assistant/Front Receptionist is responsible for a wide variety of administrative and receptionist duties, including typical secretarial and in addition to more complex functions and services, minute-taking during confidential meetings, scheduling appointments and is responsible for drafting sensitive correspondence sent by the Director. The Administrative Assistant & Receptionist reports to the Executive Director of Peguis Community Support & Services and Selkirk Youth Hub Initiative and adheres to the Mission and Vision of Peguis First Nation.
Provide direct administrative and office management support to the Director of Consultation Special Project Unit and to all members of staff, as directed by verbal or written instruction from Director.
• Maintain working schedules and engagement calendars of management.
• Coordinate the logistical aspects of team programs, such as meetings, seminars, workshops, special projects, and events.
• Review documents, reports, and correspondence prepared for signature of staff for format, content, grammar, and spelling; make edits as necessary
• Prepare draft reports, background documentation, and research.
• Receive and screen all inbound telephone calls, e-mails, and visitors to the office; refer and/or redirect calls, e-mails, or visitors as applicable.
• Coordinate office activities; troubleshoot or escalate basic office administration issues.
• Receive incoming mail; review, evaluate, and distribute correspondence requiring priority attention of staff.
• Other duties as assigned
• University degree or diploma in Business Administration preferred or acceptable combination of education in Office Administration area.
• 3 – 5 years experience of direct work experience in a secretarial/administrative capacity.
• Strong knowledge of general office procedures involving procurement, travel arrangements, budget management, and reports.
• Prepare and maintain accurate complex correspondence document(s) to include, request for information (RFI), letter of intent (LOI) and request for proposal (RPF)
• Hands-on experience with productivity applications, including word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, Power Point software.
• Excellent writing skills, Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
• High level of sound and independent judgment, reasoning, and discretion.
• Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
• Act as a point of contact and liaison with the general public and provide informational assistance to clients that includes greeting clients, directing telephone traffic and scheduling appointments in a professional, responsive, and positive work attitude is essential
• Previous experience in handling confidential or sensitive information; knowledge of applicable data privacy laws
• Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering, as well as inventory control of these items
• Able to maintain filing systems and basic database
• Strong verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the executive team
• Superior typing and dictating skills at  words per minute
• Subject to clear Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable, Adult & Child Abuse Registry
• Other Duties as assigned
• Occasional travel to off-site locations as required
Submit Resume & 2 References to
Human Resources Director
P.O. Box 10
DEADLINE: 4:00pm Friday Oct 22th, 2021