PEGUIS FIRST NATION
FISHER AMBULANCE SERVICE LTD. is looking for individuals interested in becoming an Administrative Assistant to Clinical Resource Paramedic (CRP)
The Administrative Assistant to CRP is dynamic role within the Fisher Ambulance Service Ltd. (FAS) responsible for a wide variety responsibility. Duties include, however are not limited to, administrative functions such as typical secretarial, receptionist, minute-taking during confidential meetings, and scheduling appointments. Also more complex functions and services, such as assisting in managing the operations of the Fisher Ambulance Service. Project management and proposal development. This is an entry level position with a salary of $600.00 weekly.
Perform duties and provide direct administrative and office management support to the Fisher Ambulance Service at the direction of the CRP.
- Maintain working schedules and engagement calendars of management, ensuring priority items are addressed.
- Prepare travel schedules, book travel arrangements, and make reservations for staff as required.
- Coordinate the logistical aspects of team/zoom programs, such as meetings, seminars, workshops, special projects, and events.
- Review documents, reports, and correspondence prepared for signature of staff for format, content, grammar, and spelling; make edits as necessary.
- Prepare draft reports, background documentation, and research.
- Receive and screen all inbound telephone calls, e-mails, and visitors to the office; refer and/or redirect calls, e-mails, or visitors as applicable.
- Coordinate office activities; troubleshoot or escalate basic office administration issues.
- Receive incoming mail; review, evaluate, and distribute correspondence requiring priority attention of staff.
- Facilitate communication from department Directors, managers, business unit leaders, and project managers.
- Complete expense reports, pay invoices, and other monetary duties.
- Take and transcribe dictation and notes of highly confidential subjects, as required.
- Prepare presentations.
- Present a positive and professional image of the office to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries, and other interactions.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Operate Fisher Ambulance Service vehicles as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Be a Peguis First Nation Band member who lives in the community,
- Be able to work with minimal supervision a task oriented.
- Have experience with computer use and software such as MS Office, Zoom, email, etc.
- Enrolled in or willing to enroll in a Emergency Medical Responder program.
- With completion of COPR at earliest opportunity.
- Have of be willing to acquire a Manitoba Class 4 drivers’ license.
- Excellent writing skills, including proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- High level of sound and independent judgment, reasoning, and discretion.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Professional, responsive, and positive work attitude is essential
- Previous experience in handling confidential or sensitive information; knowledge of applicable data privacy laws
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering, as well as inventory control of these items
- Able to maintain filing systems and basic databases
- Strong verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the executive team
- Strong customer service orientation
- 24/7 availability may be required
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lb
- Travel to the site, and off-site locations will be required
Should you feel you meet the requirements for this position supporting the Fisher Ambulance, we would encourage you to apply. Please provide your resume by 5:00pm September 28, 2021 to the attention of:
Mr. Gerald McCorrister
Director of Human Resources
PO Box 10
Peguis, Manitoba R0C 3J0
Please note only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Late applications for this role will not be accepted. Internal applications for this position will only be accepted via email.