PEGUIS FIRST NATION
CONSULTATION & SPECIAL PROJECTS
Administrative Assistant – Needed
Location: Winnipeg/ Peguis
Reports To: Director of Consultation Special Project Unit
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for a wide variety of administrative duties, including typical secretarial and receptionist duties in addition to more complex functions and services, such as arranging travel plans, minute-taking during confidential meetings, and scheduling appointments. The Administrative Assistant is also responsible for drafting sensitive correspondence sent by the Director of Consultation Special Project Unit. The Administrative Assistant will take direction from the Director of Consultation Special Project Unit.
Provide direct administrative and office management support to the Director of Consultation Special Project Unit and to all members of staff, as directed by verbal or written instruction from Director.
• Maintain working schedules and engagement calendars of management.
• Prepare travel schedules, book travel arrangements, and make reservations for Director.
• Coordinate the logistical aspects of team programs, such as meetings, seminars, workshops, special projects, and events.
• Review documents, reports, and correspondence prepared for signature of staff for format, content, grammar, and spelling; make edits as necessary.
• Prepare draft reports, background documentation, and research.
• Receive and screen all inbound telephone calls, e-mails, and visitors to the office; refer and/or redirect calls, e-mails, or visitors as applicable.
• Coordinate office activities; troubleshoot or escalate basic office administration issues.
• Receive incoming mail; review, evaluate, and distribute correspondence requiring priority attention of staff.
• Facilitate communication from department Directors, managers, business unit leaders, and project managers.
• Maintain daily appointment calendars for the Director.
• Complete expense reports, pay invoices, and other monetary duties.
Take and transcribe dictation and notes of highly confidential subjects, including minutes of Director of Consultation Special Project Unit meetings
• Prepare presentations
• Present a positive and professional image of the office to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries, and other interactions.
• Excellent computer skills.
• University degree or diploma in Business Administration preferred or acceptable combination of education in Office Administration area.
• 3 – 5 years’ experience of direct work experience in a secretarial/administrative capacity.
• Proficient at Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, etc.).
• Ability to create virtual meetings on Zoom and MS Teams.
• Strong knowledge of general office procedures involving procurement, travel arrangements, budget management, and reports.
• Superior typing 35+ words per minute.
• Able to write and format moderately complex correspondence, including memos, letters, emails, reports, etc.
• Hands-on experience with productivity applications, including word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail clients, and presentation software.
• Excellent writing skills, including proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
• Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
• High level of sound and independent judgment, reasoning, and discretion.
• Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
• Professional, responsive, and positive work attitude is essential.
• Previous experience in handling confidential or sensitive information; knowledge of applicable data privacy laws.
• Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering, as well as inventory control of these items.
• Able to maintain filing systems and basic databases.
• Strong verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the executive team.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• 24/7 availability may be required
• Physical ability to lift up to 50lb
• Travel to the site, and off-site locations will be required
• Overtime as requested.
• Customer Focus
• Energy & Stress
• Quality Orientation
• Time Management
• Adaptability/ Flexibility
• Creative and Innovative Thinking
• Decision Making and Judgement
• Planning and Organizing
• Problem Solving
• Result Focus
• Accountability and Dependability
• Ethics and Integrity
• Mediating and Negotiating
• Providing Consultation
• Development and Continual Learning
Submit Resume to:
HR Designate/ Consultation Lead
202-1075 Portage Ave
P.O. Box 10
DEADLINE: September 26, 2022