The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for supporting the Store Manager in the overall management and leadership of the store, staff, customer experience, and inventory. The incumbent will also be responsible for maximizing sales and profitability by focusing on key business drivers and initiatives, while maximizing profitability and productivity. The Assistant Store Manager sets the tone for the team and for our customers, maintains the highest level of integrity in operations, and inspires his/her team to deliver a Best in Class experience to every customer. The Assistant Store Manager protects and enhances our brand and is actively engaged in the community in which we do business.
- Provides coaching, training, inspiration, and support to store team members (TMs). This includes formal regular one on one check ins, informal coaching and recognition, performance appraisals, and taking appropriate disciplinary action.
- Recruits store TMs with the qualifications and skills that meet company and market standards.
- Develops and maintains a Best in Class level of product and service knowledge. Creates a welcoming, authentic, and educational experience for every customer.
- Ensures store meets/exceeds all municipal/provincial/federal regulations: protects the license and the brand.
- Leads team by example to deliver an outstanding customer experience. Is active on the floor and in engaging with and educating our customers and our community.
- Establishes a sales-focused culture.
- Analyzes the business, proposes and implements action plans to improve results, generate sales for each product category, and improve operational efficiencies.
- Operates with the values, mission, and vision of our brand, and holds team accountable to the same.
- Drives community engagement and involvement. Builds/increases customer retention, fosters strong customer and community relationships. Develops brand awareness and loyalty within the community.
- Responsible for full store inventory cycle to ensure appropriate stock and assortment levels are met while reducing shrink.
- Maintains safe, clean, community-centric store. Manages repairs and maintenance to protect the brand and the customer experience.
- Accountable for execution of all Standard Operating Procedures and execution of all OperationalExcellence tools. Provides feedback and ideas for continuous improvement of store tools.
- Responsible for all proper cash handling and store opening and closing procedures.
- Adhere to and uphold loss prevention systems to prevent all possible opportunities for loss and endangerment.
- Complete all necessary administrative paperwork in a timely manner including creating staff work schedules and ensure appropriate store coverage.
- Create a supportive environment to develop and inspire team members through goal setting, performance monitoring, regular one on one TM meetings and storewide meetings to coach and deliver timely feedback.
- 3 – 5 years of experience of Store Manager/Assistant Store Manager experience in a high-volume customer service or retail environment with a proven track record of leadership and successful results.
- 1 – 2 years experience managing in cannabis, alcohol, or other government-regulated industries.
- Energetic and enthusiastic with a passion for our products and for delivering Best in Class service and results.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and execution skills. You get the job done.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and be agile in the face of changing customer & business needs and changing legislation.
- Works incredibly well under pressure. Maintains composure, positivity, and keeps TMs engaged and focused in the face of uncertainty and stress.
- Strong leadership skills, and the ability to coach, develop, and mentor managers and team members.
- Strong knowledge of inventory management systems and POS capabilities.
- Experience working remotely or reporting into supervisor who is situated in another city or province an asset.
- Strong working knowledge of Local, Provincial, and Federal Laws and Regulations pertaining to adult use cannabis retail operations.
- Strong computer skills (MS office preferred).
- Post Secondary education preferred.
- Ability to provide a criminal record check and necessary provincial retail cannabis training and certification is mandatory prior to onboarding.
Please submit resumes and cover letters by email to:
We are committed to building a diverse work environment where every employee is valued, respected, and can make a difference in our company. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Please inform us of any accommodations needed during the selection process.
We appreciate the interest by all candidates. We will only be contacting applicants that we are bringing to the next point of the selection process.