Employment Opportunity – Budtender
Our Budtenders are critical to our store success; they are the first point of contact and engagement for our customers. Their approachability, knowledge, and interactions with our customers set the tone of our store. Our talented Budtenders are ambassadors of our brand and for cannabis legalization in Canada. They are critical to keeping our stores running successfully, and in creating a positive impression of responsible adult cannabis use. Flint & Embers has an employment opportunity for 3 Part-Time Budtenders available within our hours of operation; daily from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- 19 years of age or older.
- 1-2 years of retail or customer service experience; Proven ability to deliver excellent customer service.
- High School Diploma required. Post-secondary degree/ diploma is preferred.
- Comply with all Health Canada and provincial regulations and maintain all provincially required training and certifications required for the industry.
- Must pass a Criminal Record Check.
- Working knowledge of regulations pertaining to the selling of Cannabis in Manitoba.
- Live our Mission and Values every shift; with customers and colleagues.
- Promote the Flint & Embers brand. Be a positive representative of the cannabis industry.
- Greet customers upon entering the store and engage with customers to build connections and to create repeat business.
- Take accountability for product knowledge during new hire training and on-going training. Provide clear communication of availability and take accountability for all scheduled shifts.
- Educate customers and follow H>E>R>B. Use knowledge of cannabis strains, consumption methods, products and responsible use, and what accessories clients need to enjoy their purchase. Read client’s needs in the moment and respond appropriately. Provide a total solution.
- Work with the team and leadership to maintain a welcoming atmosphere and experience for team members and guests and uphold Federal and Provincial compliance to the highest standard.
- Be a brand ambassador in our communities and neighbourhoods. Provide ideas and feedback to the team that will help strengthen our positive brand stance. Be an ambassador of our Safe Space Policy.
- Keep our store safe by following all safety and security standards.
- Act as a socially responsible vendor of cannabis. We want to support the communities in which we do business and want to promote responsible use and keep cannabis out of the hands of young people.
- Participate in store maintenance to support a clean and visually appealing environment.
- Accurate and safe cash handling. Operate the POS system with efficiency and accuracy, ensuring provincial, federal, and loss prevention standards are followed.
- Assist with inventory counts, stocking, and merchandising.
- Follow all security guidelines set forth by Management.
- Maintain confidentiality of all proprietary information, including internal employee materials, and inventory and sales results.
We appreciate the interest by all candidates. We will only be contacting applicants that we are bringing to the next point of the selection process. Please submit applications and cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us why cannabis and Flint and Embers is for you.
We are committed to building a diverse work environment where every employee is valued, respected, and can make a difference in our company. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Please inform us of any accommodations needed during the selection process. **Please think green before printing.