Peguis Health Services
Case Manager/Project Coordinator | Full-time
Peguis Health Services invites applications for the position of full-time Case Manager/Project Coordinator for Jordan’s Principle and the First Child Initiative.
Summary: The Case Manager/Project Coordinator will provide a comprehensive community health service in conjunction with its health care team. The Case Manager/Project Coordinator will provide supervision to Child Development Workers in community to provide a model of service delivery for children with complex needs and their families. Provide elements in which services have a particular responsibility to take the lead in securing effective development, delivery and review of services. Recognize the deficits with service systems and the need to protect children through early intervention, sharing of information, effective co-ordination of services and appropriate training.
The goal of the program is to facilitate the provision of respite and support services that contribute to:
• Sustainable support and enrichment of the family’s quality of life and increase the Child and family’s participation in the community.
• To provide families who have children with disabilities a short break by scheduling a respite break with trained individuals based on need.
• Coordination of assessment and respite and support to provide the care of the children in their own homes.
• Coordination of special activities such as day camps and or community activities to integrate families in the community.
• To design individualized, flexible, family centered care plans for relief to families caring for children with neurodevelopment and/or physical disabilities.
• Nursing background with experience
• Minimum 3 years working experience
• Possession of a valid Manitoba Driver’s License
• Able to use Microsoft Office such as Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint proficiently
• Current CPR certification
• Knowledge of First Nations culture and the issues that face First Nations people with access to care
• A person who is self motivated who can demonstrate a high degree of attention to detail
• Excellent time management and facilitation skills
• Effective verbal and listening communication skills
• Good organizational skills and ability to work both independently and within a professional team
• Proficiency in computer software applications related to health
• This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, Adult Abuse and Child Abuse Registry Check
Salary: To be negotiated based on experience.
Interested applicants are invited to submit/drop off/email their resume, cover letter and three work related references by the closing date below:
Closing Date: Thursday, July 3, 2019 at 5:00 PM
Submit applications to:
Miranda Sinclair, AHR or Doris Bear, Health Director
Peguis Health Centre
P.O. Box 690
Miranda Sinclair – Health.HRVision@peguisfirsnation.ca
Doris Bear – Health.DIR@peguisfirstnation.ca