Cashier: The Tobacco Store at 1065 Portage Ave, Winnipeg, MB
Due to its growth, Chief Peguis Industries is seeking an experienced Cashier with experience in customer service to join our team in Winnipeg, MB. The Cashier is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the Tobacco Shop. They complete many duties in order to maintain the Tobacco Shop, which include attending to and assisting customers, accepting payments, stocking the shelves, maintain station organization and maintaining the balance of the cash drawer.
• Ensures satisfactory customer service by greeting customers and assisting them with any needs or questions.
• Conducts a physical count of drawer at beginning and end of assigned shift and verify all monies, receipts, and transactions made.
• Ensures all paperwork is correct, signed and verified by attending manager/supervisor.
• Stocks store shelves, organizes, and straightens items to maintain a presentable appearance to the customers.
• Maintains proper levels of inventory, communicates low inventory levels to the Manager or Supervisor for ordering.
• Maintains proper attendance in accordance with internal policy. Reports to work on time, and/or provides adequate notice to supervisor prior to absence or lateness in accordance with policy.
• Assists in resolving customer and employee concerns in a timely and professional manner.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Operate all aspects of the register, including cash and card transactions
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision required
• Demonstrated ability to handle stressful and demanding situations in a positive manner required
• Maintain a clean work environment, keeping register clear for incoming customers
• Answer any customer inquiries, and use your knowledge of store layout and product content to give directions as needed
• Validating Id’s
• Clear Criminal Record Checks
• Inventory Counts and Stocking shelves
• Ability to communicate to management about any issues
• Great attention to detail and ability to multitask
• Flexibility to work various shifts ability to perform in fast-paced environment
Please submit your resumes and two (2) references to: email@example.com
DEADLINE: October 28, 2019
*Preference will be given to Peguis Band Members