As of 5:00 p.m., Monday, June 8, 2020, Peguis First Nation will be removing the Check Points currently in place due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
What safety measures will change:
- Check Points: All check points are removed.
- Curfew: Curfew is no longer in effect.
What safety measures will stay in place:
- Travel Ban: Still in effect. Any members travelling to restricted areas or high-risk areas must self-isolate for 14 days. Travel to Winnipeg is allowed, except for restricted areas within the city. Restricted Areas: Hospitals, walk in clinics, and malls within Winnipeg, cities of Dauphin and Brandon. High-Risk Areas: Portage la Prairie and cities along Highway #1.
- 24/7 COVID-19 Hotline: Still open to COVID-19 related calls. 24/7 Peguis COVID-19 Hotline at (204) 645-2869 or (204) 645-4738. If you experience fever, cough, shortness of breath or have symptoms of a respiratory illness (regardless of travel), even if mild, stay home until your symptoms are gone. Members that are experiencing symptoms are asked to stay home and contact the Peguis Health Centre at (204) 645-2169.
- Burn Ban: Still in Effect as of April 2, 2020, any member found responsible for a fire will be fined.
Peguis Health and the Peguis COVID-19 Pandemic Team remind all members to be safe and practice social distancing to ensure the safety for all of our members.
Note: In the case of an increase of COVID-19 cases within Manitoba, Peguis First Nation will immediately revert back to Phase 1 of COVID-19 safety measures.