The Peguis Development Corporation (PDC) is seeking the services of a
Chief Executive Officer
The Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”) is responsible for leading the development and execution of the Corporation’s long term business strategy. The CEO’s leadership role also entails being ultimately responsible for the day-to-day management decisions and for implementing the Corporation’s long and short term plans. The CEO acts as a direct liaison between the Board and Management of the Corporation and it’s associated entities and communicates to the Board on behalf of management.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The CEO also communicates on behalf of the Corporation to its Shareholders, employees, Government authorities, other stakeholders and its community members.
- Workplan – Develop a detailed workplan for CEO to be reviewed at monthly Board meetings.
- Prepare a monthly briefing report and minutes to Chief and Council.
- To lead, in conjunction with the PDC Board, the development of the Corporation’s strategy.
- To Lead and oversee the implementation of the Corporation’s Long and Short Term plans in accordance with the strategy.
- Strategic Plan- Review current strategic plan, Mission, Vision, Objectives and Milestones and make recommendations.
- Review Documents and Bylaws to ensure compliance from Legal and Accounting perspective.
- Review of Board Composition, Board Terms of Reference, Appointments, Bios, Organizational Hierarchy.
- Review of Commercial Insurance Binder to ensure accuracy of Statement of Values and Board Liability.
- Review of Human Resource Policies, Financial Policies and Procedures, Code of Ethics, Procurement, Risk Management, Electronic Media Usage to ensure compliance and enforcement.
- To ensure that the Corporation and its associated entities maintain high standards of corporate citizenship and social responsibility.
- To act as a liaison between Management and the Board.
- To communicate effectively with Stakeholders, Employees, Government Funders, Private Funders, etc.
- Review and Develop PDC and all associated entities and Operational Budgets.
- Review of Remittances are current and Up to date including but not limited to Group Pension, Source deductions.
- Develop a mentoring plan with General Manager and existing management of PDC entities.
- Review of Internal and External taxation strategies of existing and new business developments.
- Review the relationships of existing trust structures or settlements and Wealth (Sovereign) Strategies.
- Review of Communication strategy and communication rollouts.
- Perform Due Diligence on PDC and associated entities for access to entity revitalization.
- Review of CMHC, ISC, other funders reporting requirements have been submitted are in compliance.
- Review of Own Source Revenue Policy and provide commentary.
- Develop a marketing strategy or rebranding of PDC and its associated entities.
- Engage with Auditors and address efficiencies with PDC and its associated entities.
- Review and perform Due Diligence analysis on new business developments and partnerships.
- Seek continued grant funding and make submissions and applications.
- Provide guidance and provide input on Financial Management Board (FMB), First Nation Finance Authority (FNFA), First Nation Financial Administration Law (FNFAL), First Nation Market Housing Fund (FNMHF) processes.
- Research and do funding proposals for various projects which may enhance the service delivery and create employment opportunities.
- Provide advice, guidance and assistance to individual First Nations members and individual subsidiaries such as the Fishers on business development and implementation.
- Prepare and recommend physical and land development concepts, community facilities, business and residential development.
- Research various information sources that supports the First Nations economic and business services.
- Liaise with other First Nations, Aboriginal organizations, Government, and internal and external stakeholders to ensure mutual understanding, partnership building, and ongoing networking relationships to enhance service delivery opportunities.
- Liaise with Boards, committees, staff, and conduct presentations to support the goals and objectives of the Economic Development Planning for Peguis First Nation.
- Provide briefings on emerging issues such as of federal and provincial legislation and policies that affect First Nations, and contemporary public and private sector.
- Bachelor Degree in in Business Administration, or Master’s in Commerce
- 10 years experience in Business Management
- Excellent Organisational & analytical skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Must be diplomatic and have excellent & communication skills
- Management and leadership skills
- Must have working knowledge of policy development & interpretation
Salary will commensurate based on qualifications and experience.
Should you feel you meet the requirements for this Chief Executive Officer role supporting the Peguis Development Corporation for the Peguis First Nation and it’s Chief and Council we would encourage you to apply. Please provide your resume or Curriculum Virtae (CV) by 5:00pm March 19th, 2021 to the attention of:
Mr. Gerald McCorrister
Human Resources Director
PO Box 10
Peguis, Manitoba R0C 3J0