Peguis Jordan’s Principle is looking for eight (8) full-time Child Development Worker (CDW). The CDW, under the supervision of the PJD Director, will work directly with children with complex needs and their families to ensure they have the legally mandated services and resources they need.
- Charting and documentation for all client service provision
- Assists in the planning, transportation and implementation of day programming and scheduled outings
- Provide parental support
- Refer and schedule clients to services like SCCY (Specialized Services for Children and Youth), Amant and other organizations
- Contact clients in-person, by phone and by Zoom
- Must hold certification as a Health Care Aide or Early Child Educator. Other childcare certifications may also be considered
- Experience working with children with special needs considered a major asset
- Time-management and organization skills
- Required to work evenings and weekends
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Zoom and Outlook
- Bonified Occupational Requirement: Access to a personal vehicle with a Class 5 license
- Class 4 license considered an asset
- This job is subject to a Drug Test, Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check
Salary: $17.65 starting wage per hour, benefit package included.
Please EMAIL or Drop off your cover letter, resume and two (2) references to:
Gerald McCorrister, Human Resources Director
Peguis Band Office
Closing Date: Friday, October 13, 2023 @ 5:00 PM
We thank you for your interest; however, please note, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.