Peguis First Nation is still in a State of Emergency for Peguis 1B.
Due to an increases in COVID-19 cases within Manitoba, Peguis will be reimplementing restrictions for Peguis 1B to help prevent COVID-19 cases from entering the community.
Peguis 1B Restrictions in effect as of August 10, 2020:
1) Restricted Travel to Hotspots: Any members travelling to hotspots must self-isolate and self-monitor for 14 days. Please call the COVID-19 Hotline, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, to notify staff that you are self-isolating. Hotspot locations will be updated daily. If a new city is mentioned with COVID-19 cases, that city will be identified as a hotspot. Restricted hotspots are:
– Brandon, MB
– Steinbach, MB
2) Restricted Travel Out of Province: Any members travelling out of Province must self-isolate and self-monitor for 14 days. Please call the COVID-19 Hotline at (204) 645-2869, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, to notify staff that you are self-isolating.
3) Face Masks are mandatory to be worn in all Peguis business’s including inside the Peguis Mall.
4) It is mandatory that employees stay home when feeling symptomatic or sick. You will be required to take a COVID-19 nasal swab test prior to returning to work.
The Peguis Pandemic Planning Team would also like to remind members to:
– Stock up on medications
– Refrain from posting non-validated COVID-19 information online. These posts can cause panic and confusion.
– Self-Isolate when: Experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, etc.), travelled out of Province, or been in contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19
– Social Distance
– Wash your hands frequently for 20 seconds or more
– Use hand sanitizer
– Be prepared when travelling outside of the community.
– Make sure to have enough face masks and hand sanitizer for everyone in the vehicle.
Peguis Pandemic Planning Team