Comprehensive Community Planning: Coordinator
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Comprehensive Community Planning Coordinator ( CCP Coordinator ) will be responsible for providing coordination and facilitative leadership for the Comprehensive Community Planning implementation process for the Peguis First Nation.
Reporting directly to the CPP Steering Committee, the CCP Coordinator will carry out the following duties:
1. Develops a communication plan to ensure that all stakeholders in the CCP process are informed, their voices are heard and their communication needs are met. Stakeholders include community members including off Reserve members, all Band departments and programs, committees and management structures and the Trusts.
2. With the support of the Steering Committee and external technical assistance providers works with the heads of all Band departments and agencies to support their development and implementation of component work plans flowing from the comprehensive community plan.
3. Assists Senior Managers and Program Directors to organize collaborative meetings and to make and carry out joint plans aimed at achieving the goals of the CCP.
4. Assists the CCP Steering Committee to plan and organize quarterly rounds of evaluation of ongoing CCP work, refinement of work plans, and tailoring technical support and training to meet the needs of the process.
5. Assist the CCP Steering Committee, Senior Managers and Directors to engage the Peguis public (i.e., community members) in the ongoing implementation of the CCP through the organization of quarterly community development forums.
6. Works closely with community committees, voluntary groups and individuals to support them in their efforts to implement aspects of the CCP.
7. Assist the CCP Steering Committee in building the capacity of key implementers of the plan by providing organizational support and coordination to the delivery of the CCP “Learning and Action” training program.
8. Submit quarterly reports which: a) describes progress made in all 15 work areas of the CCP, b) describes obstacles, barriers, challenges and gaps being experienced in the process of CCP implementation, and c) recommends positive steps and remedial measures required to ensure the ongoing progress of plan implementation.
9. Works closely with external consultants and trainers, helping them to translate the guidance and direction of the CCP Steering Committee, COO and Chief and Council into needed technical support and required training inputs.
10. Works closely with Chief and Council, Senior Administration and the Trusts to ensure smooth coordination of everyone’s efforts to achieve the goals of CCP.
1. Minimum of five years practical experience promoting Aboriginal human and community development with educational background in a related field.
2. Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills (writing sample requested).
3. Solid experience in complex project management and coordination.
4. Excellent team building and facilitative leadership skills, as demonstrated by past experience and supported by references.
5. Solid knowledge and experience working closely with First Nations governance and management systems.
6. Knowledge and solid experience related to Aboriginal community program development.
7. A demonstrated ability to build unity and collaboration between a wide and diverse range of people and entities in a common endeavour.
8. Perform other related duties as required.
Salary will be set according to actual experience and qualifications
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three references to:
Gerald McCorrister / Human Resource Director
Peguis First Nation
P.O. Box 10
Closing Date for Resumes: September 24, 2021
*Only eligible applicants will be contacted for an interview.