COORDINATOR/DIRECTOR – Peguis Historical Society
Reporting to the Peguis Historical Society Inc. Board and is accountable for managing the development and implementation of the Peguis Historical Society and the Peguis Museum and Cultural Centre. The Coordinator/ Director also supports the Peguis community in the promotion, development, and documentation of historical, traditional or archival records.
- Develop relationships with the Peguis First Nation departments and leadership to promote and develop the Peguis Historical Society;
- Develop relationships with the Cultural Societies, Museums, Archives, Government Agencies & Departments, Churches, Libraries and any other agency with historical data;
- Manage, Document, Collect & Research collections, databases, historical memorabilia, photographs, and other pertinent information relative to the Peguis history;
- Pursue funding opportunities for the development of the Peguis Museum & Cultural Centre, including the building, land, operations, management, collections, archival data, displays, staffing, maintenance and other areas related to the Peguis Historical Society;
- Administer and report to the Peguis Historical Society Board, including presentations, financial reports, project updates, budgets, minutes and new business;
- Prepare presentations and displays for the promotion and inspiration of the Peguis history and development of the Peguis Museum & Cultural Centre.
Bachelor Degree preferred with the following assets and experience:
- Research & Planning
- Proposal & Grant funding, including Business Plan preparation.
- Financial Reporting & Budgeting.
- Project Management training or certification.
- Time Management, Delegation and Reporting.
- Excellent Presentation skills and working with community.
WHAT WE OFFER
Salaried position with employee benefits.
Opportunity to develop and steer the establishment of the Peguis Museum & Cultural Centre.
Please forward your resume and three references to:
Gerald McCorrister, Human Resources
Peguis First Nation, Box 10 Peguis, MB R0C 3J0
Deadline for Resumes: January 31, 2022