March 24, 2021
Public health officials advise no additional deaths in people with COVID-19 are being reported today.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 4.6 per cent provincially and 3.8 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 81 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, one case has been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 80 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 33,591.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• two cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 37 cases in the Northern health region;
• four cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• three cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 35 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 1,261 active cases and 31,401 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 58 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 80 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 138 hospitalizations;
• 14 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 13 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 27 ICU patients;
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 929; and
• the total number of confirmed variant of concern cases of B.1.1.7 is 63 and B.1.351 is 14, bringing the total number of confirmed variant of concern cases to 77.
Laboratory testing numbers show 2,458 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 568,790.
Outbreaks have been declared at Grace Hospital unit 3 South, MD Practice Solutions of Manitoba Inc (100-205 Fort St.), and CN Rail (821 Lagimodiere Blvd.) all in Winnipeg. The facilities have been moved to the Critical (red) level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System.
Additional data related to COVID-19, including data on outbreaks as well as some downloadable and historic data, can be found at https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/.
Possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
Updated enforcement statistics are posted online weekly. For more information, go to Cross-Departmental Reports at https://manitoba.ca/openmb/infomb/departments/index.html.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including information the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit www.manitoba.ca/COVID19.