March 27, 2021
Public health officials advise one additional death in a person with COVID-19 is being reported today:
• a male in his 80s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the outbreak at Grace Hospital unit 3 South.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 4.2 per cent provincially and 3.3 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 57 new cases of the virus have been identified. This brings the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 33,867.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• zero cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
• 23 cases in the Northern health region;
• one case in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• seven cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
• 26 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 1,190 active cases and 31,744 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 60 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 83 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 143 hospitalizations;
• 13 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 15 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 28 ICU patients;
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 933; and
• the total number of confirmed variant of concern cases of B.1.1.7 is 109 and B.1.351 is 14, bringing the total number of confirmed variant of concern cases to 123.
Laboratory testing numbers show 2,043 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 575,630.
An outbreak has been declared at St. Anthony’s General Hospital (acute care inpatient unit) in The Pas and the unit has been moved to the Critical (red) level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System. Outbreaks previously declared at CN Rail (821 Lagimodiere Blvd.) and MD Practice Solutions of Manitoba Inc. (100-205 Fort St.) in Winnipeg have been moved to the Restricted (orange) level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System based on further information from public health officials.
Additional data related to COVID-19, including data on outbreaks as well as some downloadable and historic data, can be found at https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/.
Public health officials advise of a possible exposure March 20 and 21 from 5:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. and March 23 from 5:00 to 10:00 p.m. in a Duffy’s taxi (cab #245). Any person concerned about their exposure to or risk of having COVID-19 should call Health Links–Info Santé at 204-788-8200 or (toll-free) 1-888-315-9257 to be screened to see if a test is required. For up-to-date information on testing sites, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/locations.html.
Possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including information the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit www.manitoba.ca/COVID19.