March 31, 2021
Public health officials advise that one additional death in a person with COVID-19 is being reported today:
• a male in his 80s from Winnipeg health region, linked to the outbreak at Grace Hospital unit 3 South.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 3.8 per cent provincially and 3.3 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 71 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, one case has been removed due to a data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 70 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 34,122.
Public health officials are announcing that 17 new screened or sequenced cases of variants of concerns have been detected – four from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region and 13 from the Winnipeg health region.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• two cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 24 cases in the Northern health region;
• two cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• five cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 38 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 1,181 active cases and 32,006 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 63 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 83 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 146 hospitalizations;
• 12 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 16 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 28 ICU patients;
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 935; and
• the total number of screened or sequenced cases related to variants of concern for the following:
– B.1.1.7 is 232;
– B.1.351 is 20;
– cases that have not been categorized is 15; and
– the total number of variant of concern cases is 267.
Laboratory testing numbers show 2,251 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 582,697.
The outbreak at Actionmarguerite St. Boniface in Winnipeg has been declared over.
Additional data related to COVID-19, including data on outbreaks as well as some downloadable and historic data, can be found at https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/.
Possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including information the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit www.manitoba.ca/COVID19.