April 11, 2021
Public health officials advise that no additional deaths in a person with COVID-19 are being reported today. The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 5.9 per cent provincially and 5.7 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 112 new cases of the virus have been identified. This brings the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 35,213.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• seven cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
• 27 cases in the Northern health region;
• nine cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• four cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
• 65 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 1,312 active cases and 32,952 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 59 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 77 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 136 hospitalizations;
• 14 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 17 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 31 ICU patients; and
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 949.
Laboratory testing numbers show 2,149 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 604,324.
A COVID-19 outbreak has been declared over at St. Anthony’s General Hospital ACIU unit in The Pas.
Public health officials advise of possible exposures linked to a B.1.1.7 variant of concern case on Winnipeg transit on the following dates, routes and times:
• April 2 – Blueline Route: from 3:30 p.m. at Graham Ave. and Fort St. to 4 p.m. at Chancellor Blueline Station;
• April 3 – Route 15: from 1:30 p.m. at Mackenzie St. and Boyd Ave. to 1:45 p.m. at Portage Ave. and Donald St.;
• April 3 – Route #15: from 4:30 p.m. at Ellice Ave. and Empress St. to 5:10 p.m. at Mackenzie St. and Boyd Ave.; and
• April 6 – Route #17: from 9:10 a.m. at McGregor St. and Boyd Ave. to 9:30 a.m. at Graham Ave. and Fort St.
Other possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
Data on variants of concern is updated from Tuesday to Saturday at: https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/. Additional data related to COVID-19, data on outbreaks and some downloadable and historic data can also be found on this site.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including information the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit www.manitoba.ca/COVID19.