April 14, 2021
Public health officials advise that three additional deaths of people with COVID-19 have been reported today:
• a female in her 50 from Prairie Mountain Health region;
• a male in his 70s from the Winnipeg health region; and
• a male in his 80s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 5.3 per cent provincially and 5.2 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 86 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, six cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 80 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 35,539.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• seven cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 16 cases in the Northern health region;
• five cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• five cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 53 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 1,439 active cases and 33,146 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 64 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 78 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 142 hospitalizations;
• 16 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 21 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 37 ICU patients;
• 2,436 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 610,799; and
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 954.
Data on variants of concern is updated from Tuesday to Saturday at https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/. Additional data related to COVID-19, data on outbreaks and some downloadable and historic data can also be found at this site.
The outbreak has been declared over at Riverview Health Centre personal care home in Winnipeg.
Other possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
Updated enforcement statistics are posted online weekly. For more information, go to Cross-Departmental Reports at https://manitoba.ca/openmb/infomb/departments/index.html.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including information the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit www.manitoba.ca/COVID19.