April 16, 2021
Public health officials advise that no additional deaths in people with COVID-19 have been reported today.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 5.1 per cent provincially and 4.9 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 127 new cases of the virus have been identified. The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 35,815.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• 12 cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 29 cases in the Northern health region;
• six cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• five cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 75 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 1,551 active cases and 33,309 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 60 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 70 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 130 hospitalizations;
• 17 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 17 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 34 ICU patients;
• 1,954 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 615,906; and
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 955.
Additional data on variants of concern is updated from Tuesday to Saturday at https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/. Data related to COVID-19, outbreaks and some downloadable and historic data can also be found at this site.
An outbreak has been declared at Middlechurch Personal Care Home in Winnipeg and the Flin Flon Personal Care Home in Flin Flon. The facilities have been moved to the Critical (Red) level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System.
An outbreak has been declared over at Unit B5 at St. Boniface Hospital in Winnipeg.
Public health officials advise of a possible exposure to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern at the Thompson Walmart between 3:30 and 5 p.m. on April 6 and the Thompson Safeway between 2 and
3 p.m. on April 10, both located at 300 Mystery Lake Rd. in Thompson. Any person experiencing symptoms since attending these sites should isolate immediately and go for testing. For further assistance, contact Health Links–Info Santé at 204-788-8200 or (toll-free) 1-888-315-9257 to be screened to see if a test is required. For up-to-date information on testing sites, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/locations.html.
Other possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including information the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit www.manitoba.ca/COVID19.