April 20, 2021
Public health officials advise that one new death in a person with COVID -19 have been reported today:
• a female in her 90s from Prairie Mountain Health region, linked to the outbreak at Russell Health Centre.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is six per cent provincially and 6.3 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 211 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, eight cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 203 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 36,470.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• 14 cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 25 cases in the Northern health region;
• 27 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• seven cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 138 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 1,783 active cases and 33,727 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 66 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 66 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 132 hospitalizations;
• 18 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 15 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 33 ICU patients;
• 2,194 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 627,113; and
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 960.
Additional data on variants of concern is updated from Tuesday to Saturday at https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/. Data related to COVID-19, outbreaks and some downloadable and historic data can also be found at this site.
Outbreaks have been declared over at Grassroots Early Learning and Child Care Centre in Thompson, at Stony Mountain Institution in Stony Mountain and at the Flin Flon Personal Care Home in Flin Flon.
Other possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including information the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit www.manitoba.ca/COVID19.