May 2, 2021
Public health officials advise that two new deaths in a person with COVID-19 have been reported today:
• a female in her 30s from the Northern health region; and
• a male in his 80s from the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region, linked to an outbreak at the Emerson Health Centre.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 7.7 per cent provincially and 8.4 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 281 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, two cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 279 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 39,274.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• 22 cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• nine cases in the Northern health region;
• 46 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• 26 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 178 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 2,540 active cases and 35,756 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 105 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 62 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 167 hospitalizations;
• 27 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 13 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 40 ICU patients;
• 3,188 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 667,827; and
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 978.
Additional data on variants of concern is updated from Tuesday to Saturday at https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/. Data related to COVID-19, outbreaks and some downloadable and historic data can also be found at this site.
Other possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit www.manitoba.ca/COVID19.