May 3, 2021
Public health officials advise that one new death in a person with COVID-19 has been reported today:
• a male in his 50s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is eight per cent provincially and 8.7 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 251 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, one case has been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 250 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 39,524.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• 20 cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 15 cases in the Northern health region;
• 14 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• 18 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 184 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 2,593 active cases and 35,952 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 117 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 61 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 178 hospitalizations;
• 32 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 13 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 45 ICU patients;
• 2,898 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 670,783; and
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 979.
Additional data on variants of concern is updated from Tuesday to Saturday at: https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/. Data related to COVID-19, outbreaks and some downloadable and historic data can also be found at this site.
Other possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit www.manitoba.ca/COVID19.