July 22, 2021
Public health officials advise one new death in a person with COVID-19 is being reported today:
• a male in his 30s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 3.3 per cent provincially and 2.8 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 56 new cases of the virus have been identified today. Three cases have been removed due to case corrections, bringing the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 57,322.
Of the 56 cases reported today, the COVID-19 data shows:
• 14 new cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• four new cases in the Northern health region;
• three new cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• 13 new cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 22 new cases in the Winnipeg health region.
Today’s data also shows:
• 537 active cases and 55,618 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 105 Manitobans hospitalized with COVID-19 including 30 people with active COVID-19 as well as 75 people who are no longer infectious;
• a total of 28 Manitoba patients receiving intensive care for COVID-19 including nine people in intensive care units active COVID-19 as well as 19 people who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care;
• 1,552 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 861,334; and
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 1,167.
Fast Pass testing in Winkler will be unavailable the week of July 26. Regular testing will be available and full service will resume July 30. For a list of other locations, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/testing/locations.html.
Possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
Additional data on variants of concern is available at https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/. Data related to COVID-19, outbreaks and some downloadable and historic data can also be found at this site.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit www.manitoba.ca/COVID19.