July 29, 2021
Public health officials advise two new deaths in people with COVID-19 are being reported today:
• a female in her 40s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern; and
• a female in her 70s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the alpha variant of concern.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 2.1 per cent provincially and 1.1 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 47 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, one case has been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 46 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 57,548.
Of the 47 cases reported today, the COVID-19 data shows:
• 21 new cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• six new cases in the Northern health region;
• one new case in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• six new cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 13 new cases in the Winnipeg health region.
Today’s data also shows:
• 526 active cases and 55,845 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 102 Manitobans hospitalized with COVID-19, including 35 people with active COVID-19, as well as 67 people who are no longer infectious;
• a total of 29 Manitoba patients receiving intensive care for COVID-19, including 10 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19, as well as 19 people who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care;
• 1,673 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 871,465; and
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 1,177.
Due to the August long weekend, some COVID-19 testing site hours of operation may have changed. Check locations and hours at https://manitoba.ca/covid19/testing/locations.html.
Possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
Additional data on variants of concern is available at https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/. Data related to COVID-19, outbreaks and some downloadable and historic data can also be found at this site.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit www.manitoba.ca/COVID19.