August 9, 2021
Public health officials advise one new death in a person with COVID-19 is being reported today. This includes deaths reported on the weekend:
• a female in her 60s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to an unspecified variant of concern.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 2.5 per cent provincially and 1.6 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 128 new cases of the virus have been identified since Friday: 29 cases on Friday, Aug. 6; 29 cases on Saturday, Aug. 7; 45 cases on Sunday, Aug. 8; and 25 cases Monday, Aug. 9. Seven cases have been removed due to data correction, bringing the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 57,860.
Of the 25 cases reported today, the COVID-19 data shows:
• three new cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
• four new cases in the Northern health region;
• two new cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• eight new cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
• eight new cases in the Winnipeg health region.
Today’s data also shows:
· 568 active cases and 56,108 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
· 89 Manitobans hospitalized with COVID-19, including 32 people with active COVID-19 as well as 57 people who are no longer infectious;
· a total of 14 Manitoba patients receiving intensive care for COVID-19, including six people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as eight people who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care;
· 1,332 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 886,674; and
· the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 1,184.
Possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
Additional data is available at: https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/. Data related to COVID-19, variants of concern, outbreaks and some downloadable and historic data can also be found at this site.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit: www.manitoba.ca/COVID19.