Part Time Employment Opportunity: Custodian
The overall goal of the custodian is to perform daily housekeeping, cleaning and minimal outdoors/maintenance duties for the purpose of maintaining a clean, safe, and healthy environment for children, families, workers and visitors alike. The Peguis Free Spirits Child Care Centre classrooms, classroom bathrooms, office areas, front lobby, outdoor playgrounds, garage and other areas as assigned will be the spaces of cleaning duties performed. The duties are divided into daily, weekly, and monthly duties.
Applicant must have:
• Clear and current child abuse registry check & criminal record check
• Experience working in performing housekeeping, cleaning and outdoor/maintenance duties within an organization
• Experience working amongst children ages 12 months to 6 years old
• Good organizational and time management skills
• Current First Aid/Child CPR certificate
• Own transportation to work
Applicant must be able to:
• Work Monday to Friday between the hours of 4pm – 8pm
• Commit to 6 months of part time term from June 2019 to November 2019
• Work mainly independently and as well within a team
• Work under the direction of Director
• Cooperate in the maintenance of positive relationships and maintain confidentiality in all areas of the Centre
• Be willing to undergo a drug test
• Lift minimum of 50lbs – physical labor required
• Ability to complete written documentation
Benefits of being a part of the daycare centre:
• Meet new families
• Interact with children of different ages
• Continuous staff professional development opportunities
• Monthly informative meetings
All applicants will be thoroughly screened through a review process.
Child Care Assistant (CCA) certification starting wage of $12.50 per hour; wage is based on qualifications and experience.
Submit your (1) cover letter, (2) resume with 3 references and updated (3)criminal record and (4)child abuse registry check to:
Geraldine Monkman – Director
Peguis Free Spirits Child Care Centre (drop off)
Box 29 Peguis, MB. R0C 3J0 (by mail)
Posting EXTENDED until: Friday, June 28, 2019
Tentative start date: Monday, June 15, 2019
We thank you for your interest; however, please note, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.