Reporting to the Director of Gaming, the Custodian must be friendly, customer oriented, energetic, hard working, reliable and punctual. The Custodian is responsible for performing custodial duties, minor maintenance and other miscellaneous duties in order to ensure that Peguis Gaming area are maintained in a healthy, safe and sanitary manner.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
1. Promotes positive customer service in and around the Peguis Community Hall and VLTs
2. Responsible for custodial functions in and around the Peguis Community Hall and VLTs
3. Shift work is required – (9:00 am to 5:00 pm; 5:00 pm to 1:00 am);
4. Prepare coffee for customers and guests,
5. keep coffee stations clean and stocked with necessary supplies, if more supplies are required to order
6. Cleans and maintains throughout the Peguis Community Hall and VLTs; including but not limited to washing floor, sweeping flooring, washing walls, washing countertops, dusting, emptying garbage and ashtrays, vacuuming, tables, chairs, TVs
7. Ensures Kitchen area is kept clean including the microwave, fridge, stove, cupboards, sinks, rugs, walls and floor
8. Disposes of garbage accumulated in Peguis Community Hall and VLT area
9. Follows proper procedures to ensure all cleaning supplies and equipment is properly stocked, stored and secured
10. Must be physically capable of walking throughout your shift, lifting items such as tables, chairs, garbage, and miscellaneous items
11. Must be familiar with working cleaning equipment such as broom, mop, vacuum, buffer and floor polisher.
12. Track monthly inventory and supplies on a monthly basis using checklists and inventory forms;
1. High school diploma/ GED or an acceptable equivalent of education
2. Knowledge of Health and Safety procedures
3. First Aid Training, AED Training, Food Handlers Certification;
4. Able to communicate orally and in writing,
5. Capacity to lift 50lbs or more.
1. Smoking Environment;
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: Open until filled
To Apply: Applicants must submit a completed application, resume, cover letter, current criminal record check and 3 references either in person at the Peguis Gaming Commission, by mail, Peguis Gaming Commission, Box 100, Peguis, MB R0C 3J0 or via email at Gaming.Dir@peguisfirstnation.ca.