Applications are invited for the positon of 1 Director of Nursing for the Peguis Senior Centre 22 bed personal care home.
Job Summary: The Director of Nursing establishes and manages a comprehensive and quality assured resident care plan in accordance with Nursing Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics and as per Long Term Care/Personal Care Home Standards of Manitoba. The Director of Nursing manages the Nursing department of the PCH which includes providing leadership and direction, teaching and support to the health care staff; working with the medical team; and establishing policies and procedures within the Nursing department as per provincial standards; and other related nursing duties.
• Bachelor of Nursing or a Registered Nurse
• Health Care Management, however other suitable combinations of education and experience related to the positon, such as experience working as a Nurse in Charge in a First Nation community and/or in a Geriatric nursing.
• Currently registered in and in good standing with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba, commitment to continuing professional development and keeping current with nursing care developments and practices.
• Knowledge of the technical/legal boundaries and perimeters of the Registered Nurse and other Nursing staff (LPN/HCA).
• Ability to work under minimal supervision and stressful situations at times and able to manage a Nursing team with confidence therefore must be in excellent physical, mental/emotional and spiritual health.
• Ability to communicate and relate very well verbally and written with physicians, nursing staff, and support staff, residents and community; knowledge of cross cultural awareness/diversity and/or experience in working with first nation people.
Salary is based on work experience and qualification. Employee benefit package will be offered.
Please submit your resume stating experience, qualifications, updated Criminal Record check and Adult Abuse Check along with (3) references to:
Peguis Senior Centre Inc.
Deadline for Applications: August 2, 2019