Location: Peguis First Nation
Peguis Development Corporation is looking to hire a spirited Director of Operations to take our organization’s operations to the next level. The Director of Operations will encourage an engaged senior management team and guard our values. You will analyze data and metrics to evaluate staff performance, lead and encourage employees to maximize performance, and ensure a strong talent pipeline. You will collaborate with human resources to create and implement succession plans for key management and supervisors, and advance cohesion between various internal departments.
To be successful in this role you will ensure quality of operations and customer service, inspire staff to give their all, and expand the company’s footprint and strengthen their reputation. Ideal candidates are ambitious and performance-oriented with exceptional people skills.
Director of Operations Responsibilities:
Objectives of this Role
• Collaborate with executive-level management in the development of performance goals and long-term operational plans
• Maximize efficiency and productivity through extensive process analysis and interdepartmental collaboration
• Set strategic goals for operational efficiency and increased productivity
• Work with project managers in the development of financial and budgetary plans
• Analyze current operational processes and performance, recommending solutions for improvement when necessary
• Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
• Develop, implement, and monitor day-to-day operational systems and processes that provide visibility into goals, progress, and obstacles for our key initiatives
• Build and maintain relationships with all department heads, external partners, and vendors to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals
• Plan, monitor, and analyze key metrics for the day-to-day performance of the operations to ensure efficient and timely completion of tasks
• Devise strategies to ensure growth of programs enterprise-wide, identifying and implementing process improvements that will maximize output and minimize costs
• Uphold organization policies and standards, ensuring legislative regulations are followed
• Work closely with human resources to lead team with integrity and establish and maintain a trusting, inclusive, and productive environment
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field
• 6+ years senior leadership role in the appropriate field
• Superior knowledge of multiple operational functions and principles, including finance, customer service, production, and employee management
• Proven ability to plan and manage operational process for maximum efficiency and productivity
• Ability to streamline and implement new structures and roles that create speed, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting business demands
• Strong working knowledge of industry regulations and legislative guidelines
• Experience with budget and business plan development
• Proven ability to develop innovative solutions for increased productivity
• Superior negotiation skills in both internal and external settings
• Masterful organizational, communication, and leadership skills, demonstrated by previous professional success
• Strong working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics using business management software.
• Drug and Criminal Records Check will be required in accordance with First Nation Policies.
Deadline for Applications: Friday, August 23, 2019 by 4:00 pm
Salary will commensurate based on qualifications. Please submit CV along with 3 Letters of work related references to c/o Randy Councillor, CEO-“Competition Job No.080119” to the following: Email: PDC.CEO@peguisfirstnation.ca, Fax: (204)645-2198, Mail: PO Box 159 Peguis Manitoba R0C 3JO
All completed applications will be subject to screening process. Only those selected will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.