Check Points Guideline for Entering Peguis
Peguis First Nation is restricting access at Emergency Road Check Points to those members residing in the community of Peguis First Nation ONLY, until October 9, 2020. These security measures are to reduce the risk and prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus in our community.
Curfew will be in place from 12:00 a.m. – 6:00 a.m. each day, access to Check Points will be closed.
Who has access:
– Peguis members residing on reserve
– Peguis members that live on the Southern boundaries
– Essential Workers
– Essential Suppliers/Deliveries
– Emergency personnel
Who is restricted from entering:
– Peguis Members Residing Off-Reserves
– Visitors to Peguis First Nation
– Non-Essential Workers
– Non-Essential Suppliers
Members of Fisher River Cree Nation, Kinonjeoshtegon First Nation, Dallas/Redrose, Fisher Bay and Harwill:
- Residing members in these communities have access to check points and local businesses as usual
- Members residing outside of the communities must arrange access by contacting your community emergency contact
- Visitors to the these communities must arrange for access by contacting your community emergency contact
- NO STOPPING and NO VISITING order while travelling through Peguis First Nation.
Cabin and Cottage Owners:
- Access directly to their properties and directly back when leaving.
- Strict NO STOPPING and NO VISITING order while travelling through Peguis First Nation for all cabin and cottage owners.
- Must not be in contact with anyone while in the region.
- All cabin and cottage owners must pre-register with the 24-7 Peguis COVID-19 Hotline prior to entering.
Members residing in the communities of Peguis First Nation, Fisher River Cree Nation, Kinonjeoshtegon First Nation, Dallas/Redrose, Fisher Bay and Harwill will continue to have access into to neighbouring communities.
Drive Careful, show respectful for workers and be patient as there may be delays. Everyone entering Check Points will be screened. It very important to notify Peguis Health Office if you are in self-isolation, PRIOR to approaching Check Points. For access arrangements or any questions, please call the 24/7 Peguis COVID-19 Hotline at (204) 645-2869.
Peguis Public Health
Chief Glenn Hudson and Council, Peguis First Nation