EMPLOYMENT INSURANCE – SERVICE CANADA INFORMATION:
INFORMATION FOR CLIENTS APPLYING FOR EMPLOYMENT INSURANCE (EI) BENEFITS:
**Please Be Advised Of Changes For EI Eligibility As Of September 25, 2021**
TO VIEW CHANGES VISIT SERVICE CANADA WEBSITE:
HOW DO I KNOW IF I AM ELIGIBLE FOR THE HOURS CREDIT?
All individuals who establish an initial claim for EI regular or special benefits between September 27, 2020 and September 25, 2021 will receive a one-time credit in insurable hours (hours credit). This includes individuals who received CERB through Service Canada or the Canada Revenue Agency.
The hours credit will be automatically applied when the claim is processed for all claimants.
The hours credit will also be retroactive to March 15, 2020 for CERB claimants who were looking to switch to EI maternity, parental, compassionate care, family caregiver or work-sharing benefits but couldn’t because they do not have enough hours.
OVERVIEW OF EMPLOYMENT INSURANCE:
Employment Insurance (EI) provides regular benefits to individuals who lose their jobs through no fault of their own (for example, due shortage of work, seasonal of mass lay-offs) and are available for and able to work, but can’t find a job.
Always apply for EI benefits as soon as you stop working. You can apply for benefits even if you have not yet received your Record of Employment (ROE). If you delay filing your claim for benefits for more than four weeks after you last day of work, you may lose benefits.
OPTIONS FOR APPLYING FOR EMPLOYMENT INSURANCE
- CLIENTS CAN APPLY ON-LINE: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/ei.html
- CONTACT SERVICE CANADA DIRECTLY AT: 1-800-206-7218
- IF YOU REQUIRE ASSISTANCE:
- Contact Peguis First Nation Training & Employment to assist you with the application or inquiries you may have at (204) 645-3405.
- Multiple staff are available to assist.
- Assistance can be completed over the phone or in person in the Computer Resource Room (Located in Peguis Band Office B).
- To establish a new EI claim, you must have sufficient insurable hours and meet the qualification conditions for a new claim.
- Apply as soon as you stop working, you can apply even if you have not received your Record of Employment (ROE)
- It will take about 1 Hour to complete the on-line application.
- Have you direct deposit information ready available if you choose this option for payment
- After applying for your benefit, you will receive by mail (in about 10 days) an ACCESS CODE (4 digits).
- While receiving Regular EI benefits, you must complete an online report every 2 weeks (online or telephone) to show that you are eligible and to receive your benefits
- After submitting a report, you will be given the due date of your next report. Mark this date on your calendar.
- If you have inquiries with Service Canada, you will need your Social Insurance Number (SIN)and Access Code available. Toll free # is 1-800-206-7218 or register for MY SERVICE CANADA ACCOUNT.
PRIMARY PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU WILL NEED WHEN APPLYING:
- Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- Parents (One or Other) Last Name at Birth
- Mailing Address & Lot or Land Description
- Direct Deposit Information (Banking Branch #, Institution #, Acct #
- Name & Address of All Employers in last 52 Weeks.
- Last Date of Employment