Peguis Health Services
Health Care Aide | Part-Time (0.3 FTE)
The Peguis Health Centre is seeking a certified Health Care Aide to work under the supervision of the Public Health Program. This position is part-time, hours of work would be from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm and total number of hours bi-weekly would be 24.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with Community Health Nurses with Well Baby Clinic, scheduled on Tuesday and Thursdays
• Working with Optometrist, Dr. Robert Yale, when community visits are scheduled; scheduling appointment times, assisting community members with vision related questions, and other tasks as needed
• Assisting the Environmental Health Officer
• Advertise Health Promotion
• Assist with Workshops and Tele-health Sessions
• Other task as required
• Health Care Aide Certificates required
• Community Health Representative/Worker certificate an asset
• Must have up to date immunizations
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients, family and other members of the health care team
• Demonstrated organizational skills, with the ability to establish priorities and work with minimal supervision
• Experience with Tele-health, Mustimuhw and other e-health programs an asset
• Valid driver’s license and vehicle required
• This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, Adult Abuse and Child Abuse Registry Check
Salary: $18.00 an hour. No benefit package included.
Interested applicants can mail, drop off, or email cover letter and resume with at least (2) references.
Human Resource Manager
P.O. BOX 690
Closing Date: Friday, June 27th, 2019 at 5:00 PM
Selected applicants will be called for an Interview.
This position is subject to a random Drug Test as per Band Policy for all new employees.