Position Title: Health Support Worker/Screener
Reports to: School Administration
Supervisor Responsible: Rick McCorrister
Summary/Purpose of Job
The Health Support Workers/Screeners is the first point of contact for when entering both school. This position requires a positive attitude and professional appearance. Taking Staff, Students and General public’s temperature and recording data.
• Greet the public in a friendly and courteous manner at all times;
• Ask screening questions;
• Check temperatures;
• Record temperatures daily;
• In the case of serious side effects or health-related issues, notify the principal;
• Being responsible for the well-being and safety of staff and students;
• Good organizational skills;
• Effective verbal and written communication skills;
• Must maintain confidentiality at all times.
• School setting
• Dealing with staff, students and parents on a daily basis
• Light cleaning and sanitizing duties
Related Work Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Education
• Good communication skills;
• Will require Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check;
• Must have a current certificate in First Aid, CPR, or willing to take training;
• Ability to work as part of a team;
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
Positions to be filled immediately. Applications are available at the Peguis School Board Office.