The Home School Coordinator acts as a liaison between the student, school, parents and the community. The incumbent works collaboratively with the school Principal, school staff and a collective of community organizations to carry out duties to enhance the student’s educational experience and promote positive home school relations for the students.
• Works under direct supervision of Principle.
• Assists students to resolve personal, emotional, and social problems that may interfere with their adjustment to school and their capacity to enjoy the fullest benefits of the education offered to them;
• Arrange parent visitations to school;
• Connects/build relationship with parents and families;
• Conducts home visits to make home/school connections with parents to discuss issues affecting student’s academic success, eg. Attendance;
• Work collaboratively with identified school staff to develop a support plan to promote the well being of the student;
• Assist with parent teacher meetings and conferences as requested;
• Creates, enhances and helps to develop partnerships and connections to the community;
• Participates in ongoing training and skill development;
• Completes reports and progress updates of student progress;
• Co-ordinates meetings with teachers, students and parents;
• Work toward transitioning students back to regular school programming.
Qualifications, Education & Experience
• Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent post-secondary education/experience;
• One year experience in working with children in community programming or community groups.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong time management and organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure;
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines;
• Professional behaviors that personify strong work ethics;
• Ability to work independently and cooperatively team of professionals;
• Ability to speak a First Nations Languages would be an asset;
• Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural skills to work in a First Nations environment.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter stating the position(s) applying for, along with (3) professional reference listings including a most recent employer reference to:
Successful candidates must provide a satisfactory criminal and child abuse registry checks.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Peguis School Board
Peguis , Manitoba,
Deadline: November 18, 2019