PEGUIS COMMUNITY SUPPORTS AND SERVICES
Huddle Selkirk Office Assistant
OPPORTUNITY: We have a full-time indefinite term position available for an Office Assistant for our Huddle Selkirk Youth Hub. Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, the Office Assistant will be the first point of contact and will create a safe, supportive and welcoming environment for youth to be active decision-makers and partners in the program. The Office Assistant will play an integral role in the administration relating to the delivery and support of youth hub services and programming and service navigation and connections.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Manager of Integration and Innovation, Selkirk Huddle Program, the Office Administrative Assistant is responsible for a wide variety of receptionist and administrative duties, including, but not limited to answering phones, scheduling appointments, inputting data, and navigating individuals to the proper location of required services.
- Provide direct receptionist and administrative support to the Manager of Integration and Innovation for the Selkirk Huddle Program.
- Maintain working schedules and engagement calendars of support staff and management of the Selkirk Huddle program. to the Executive Director and staff members. As directed by verbal or written instruction from Director.
- Maintain working schedules and engagement calendars of management.
- Enters relevant data into the data base system, run reports, and correspond with E.D.
- Develops a list of and understands the roles of surrounding Community Organizations in providing individuals with the best resource services they may be seeking.
- Prepare draft reports, background documentation, and research.
- Receive and screen all inbound telephone calls, e-mails, and visitors to the office; refer and/or redirect calls, e-mails, or visitors as applicable.
- Develop a filing system of and tracking of incoming invoices
- Participate as a member of the service delivery team
- Maintain and update documentation and statistical data as prescribed
- Contribute to agency-wide initiatives to advance the mission and ends of the organization
- Participate in supervision, staff and program development activities
- Participate in program and agency meetings and committees
- Develop materials and presentations that can be used to reach youth populations
- Contribute to agency-wide initiatives to advance the mission and ends of the organization.
- Grade 12
- Completion of a recognized administrative/secretarial program preferred, or a suitable combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated ability using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Three (3) years’ related experience is required.
- Accurate data entry skills with a minimum 60 words per minute
- Self-started with the ability to work independently with minimal supervise. Must be able to exercise initiative and good judgement in determining work priorities
- Good organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with staff, outside agencies and the public is required
- Ability to work with a variety of sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions
- Good physical and mental health to meet the demands of the position
Please submit your resume and a cover letter no later than 4:30 pm on November 30, 2022, to:
Peguis Community Supports and Services
Lynette McDonald, Executive Director
Unit 102-620 Manitoba Avenue
Selkirk, MB R1A 1A5
**only those selected for an interview will be contacted***