PEGUIS COMMUNITY SUPPORTS AND SERVICES
Huddle Selkirk Youth Hub Manager of Integration & Innovation
OPPORTUNITY: We have a full-time indefinite term position available for a Manger of Integration and Innovation for our Huddle Selkirk Youth Hub. Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, the Manager of Integration and Innovation will create a safe, supportive, empowering, and welcoming environment for youth to be active decision-makers and partners in the program and will play an integral role in the development, delivery and support of youth hub services and programming and service navigation and connections.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Manager of Service Integration and Innovation is a leadership and resource role to coordinate and enhance all components of the Selkirk Youth Huddle component of Peguis Community Supports and Services. With direction from the Executive Director, the Manager of Service Integration and Innovation provides leadership in development, implementation and evaluation of the Peguis Community Supports and Services Youth Huddle Initiative. This is accomplished through standards of care, policies and procedures. The role includes responsibility for fulfilment of the relevant mission statements and philosophies for service, and effective consistent communication with representatives of the array of agents in the mental health care delivery system. The Manager of Service Integration and Innovation functions in a manner that is consistent with and supports the Mission, Vision and Values of the Peguis Community Services and Supports organization.
- Lead and manage a team in order to coordinate a varied and meaningful program of activities and services that have real impact for youth and families
- Provide ongoing training, supervising, and coaching staff to achieve/exceed program results
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among program staff
- Create a workplace culture that is consistent with the overall vision and mission statements of the Peguis Community Supports and Services Organization
- Collect and maintain youth mental health and other resource information
- Demonstrate competence in understanding cultural diversity and working effectively with individuals with various cultural backgrounds
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and externa persons, programs, departments and agencies
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required
- Participate in supervision, staff and program development activities
- Participate in program and agency meetings and committees
- Develop materials and presentations that can be used to reach youth populations
- Contribute to agency-wide initiatives to advance the mission and ends of the organization.
- This position requires a relevant post-secondary degree in a mental health, social services, social work or allied discipline. (BSW or BScN preferred)
- Over five (5) years direct supervision experience in front line delivery and directly leading and managing teams in a multidisciplinary/integrated team setting.
- Experience in Human Resource Management, Performance Management, Program Development, Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) standards and practices, and staff oversight.
- Training in Psychosocial Rehabilitation and experience in delivering recovery-oriented services
- Clinical experience would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of Mental Health disorders, problematic substance use, harm reduction principles, and child and youth mental health.
- Experience and strong knowledge of co-production methodologies
- Ability to develop program proposals and funding requests
- Knowledge of community resources and the health, mental health, social service, and government service systems
- Knowledge and understanding of common issues faced by youth who have been in care or formally in care of Manitoba’s child welfare system
- Knowledge of the impact of stigma
- Applicants must have both a recent satisfactory criminal record check, adult abuse registry and child abuse registry check, along with a valid drivers license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Oversee the overall operations, budget, and resources of the programs.
- Manage the preparation and maintenance of reports necessary to support funding for the programs
- Plan, evaluate, and improve the efficiency of processes and programs to ensure service quality, efficiency, and alignment with vision and strategic plan.
- Achievement of service goals and expected targets and outcomes
Please submit your resume and a cover letter no later than 4:30 pm on November 30, 2022, to:
Peguis Community Supports and Services
Lynette McDonald, Executive Director
Unit 102-620 Manitoba Avenue
Selkirk, MB R1A 1A5
**only those selected for an interview will be contacted***