Peguis Health Centre
Medical Transportation Driver | Part-Time /Casual /After Hours Employment
Under the direction of the Medical Transportation Coordinator, the Medical Transportation Driver is responsible for the transportation and delivery of clients, including supplies and equipments for sites and services in the community and within Manitoba. The driver functions in a manner consistent with, and supports the Mission, Vision and Values of the Peguis Health Centre.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide driver transportation services according to policies and procedures in a safe and professional manner
- Transport patients to the Percy E. Moore Hospital for appointments in the outpatient clinic or for special test x-ray or lab.
- Transport clients to the Peguis Health Centre for public health clinics and classes
- Transport patients to Winnipeg appointments
- Document all required information according to guidelines and procedures, on the Medical Transportation Driver Logs
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Valid Class 1,2,3,or 4 Manitoba driver’s license;
- Must be in good physical and mental health to meet the demands of the position;
- Ability to do considerable walking, heavy lifting and pushing;
- Ability to operate required equipment;
- Ability to inter-relate well with other staff and departments;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain professional ethics and confidentiality at all times;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- CPR & First Aid training Certificate.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Child and Adult Registry Abuse Check required.
- Knowledgeable of land locations in Peguis and surrounding communities, and the ability to read and use maps accurately.
- Drug and Alcohol
Salary: $20.00 per hour. No benefit package included.
Interested applicants can to submit, drop off or email their resume along with 2 references, one being your last employer to:
Delma McPherson, Human Resource Manager – Peguis Health Centre
PO Box 690 Peguis, Manitoba ROC 3JO Email: Health.HRVision@peguisfirstnation.ca
This position is subject to a Drug Test as per Band Policy for all new employees.