Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the electors of the Peguis First Nation will be held at the Peguis Community Hall on the 02 day of March, 2019 beginning at 1:00 p.m. and lasting for at least three hours, for the purposes of nominating candidates for the positions of chief and 6 councillor positions.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE NOMINATION OF CANDIDATES:
1. Any elector may nominate candidates by delivering or sending by mail, e-mail or fax to the Electoral Officer a completed, signed and witnessed nomination and voter declaration form to the Electoral Officer before the time set for the nomination meeting, OR by making a nomination orally at the nomination meeting.
2. Under the First Nations Elections Act, an elector must not nominate more than one (1) candidate for the position of chief and no more candidates for the position of councillor as there are councillor positions available for election. There are six councillor positions.
3. Under the First Nations Elections Act, a nominee does not become a candidate until they deliver to the Electoral Officer or Deputy Electoral Officer, by 6 p.m. on Tuesday, March 05, 2019, a signed “Candidate Declaration” form, which can be obtained from the Electoral Officer.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE ELECTION:
1. The election will be held on Saturday, April 06, 2019 at the Peguis Community Hall, on the Peguis First Nation, from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
2. Advance Polls will be held on:
Thursday, March 28, 2019 at the Peguis Community Hall, on the Peguis First Nation, from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday, March 30, 2019 at the Chief Peguis Business Centre, in the City of Winnipeg, located at 1075 Portage Ave, from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Monday, April 01, 2019 at the Chief Peguis Business Centre, in the City of Winnipeg, located at 1075 Portage Ave, from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
3. Any elector may vote by mail-in ballot by submitting a Request for Mail-in Ballot form, which can be obtained from the electoral officer, along with a copy of identification, by Sunday, March 31, 2019. After this date, no additional Mail-In Ballots can be issued.
4. Any elector may permit the electoral officer to release their name to the candidates by returning a signed Elector Authorization.
Given under my hand this 05 day of February, 2019.
Winnipeg, MB R3T 5S3
PO Box 23141 McGillivray PO
Text/Cell: 431 256 3141
FaceBook: Joyce Mazur