Peguis Health Services invites applications for the position of the Nursing Assistant for a full-time permanent position. Nurse Secretary will work under the supervision of the Nurse In Charge and assist the Public Health Program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for heavy calendar management, requiring interaction with both internal and external organizations, as well as clients, to coordinate a variety of clinics and meetings.
- Convey any faxes, referrals, emails from physician or outside source to the Nurse In Charge or designated personnel.
- Assist in community workshops and special activities in the various programs within Peguis, ensuring the distribution and advertisement of workshops, applicable health information as designated Community Health information ie: posters and memos to the various resources and businesses in the community.
- Preparing of charts for the Nurses Clinics such as Well Baby Clinic, Preschool, Eye Doctor, Hearing Clinic, Mobile Breast Unit and visiting professionals’ clinics if necessary.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Provide accurate word-processing support by composing and/or editing a variety of documents.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and discretion in all aspects of the position.
- Other duties, as required.
- Degree or Graduate of a recognized post-secondary program in Administration or equivalent
- Certification and 2 or more years of experience as a Secretary.
- Able to use Microsoft Office such as Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint proficiently
- Possession of a valid Manitoba Driver’s License and own vehicle
- Current CPR certification
- This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, Adult Abuse and Child Abuse Registry Check and a random Drug Test.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and 2 letters of support to:
Miranda Sinclair, Human Resources Manager
Peguis Health Centre
P.O. Box 690
Closing Date: January 22nd, 2021 at 5:00 PM
The Peguis Health Centre wishes to thank all applicants expressing interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is subject to a random drug test as per band policy for all new employees.