As of May 22, 2020, at 12:00 p.m., Peguis First Nation off-reserve members WILL HAVE ACCESS into Peguis First Nation ONLY at the Highway #224 Check Point. Community access is strictly for Peguis First Nation Reserve 1B area.
Off-reserve members entering the community will be under strict guidelines during visits. Curfew at Check Points is in effect from 10:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m., daily.
For off-reserve member access:
- First, request access by calling the Peguis COVID-19 Hotline at (204) 645-2869 or (204) 645-4738.
- You must declare the residence you are visiting and how long you will be staying in the community. Members are restricted to visiting/staying in one residence and not travelling around community.
- You will be screened when entering/exiting Check Points.
- No visiting with other families or households in the community is allowed.
- No stopping or shopping at stores including, fuel and groceries.
- Temperature checks will be done for 4 days for off-reserve members visiting the community for an extended visit.
- No fishing for all off-reserve members in Lake St.George, Lake St.Andrews or Fisher River areas.
- Any member not following guidelines will be escorted out of community and possibly have access privileges revoked.
- Anyone found experiencing symptoms will be asked to take a COVID-19 test (24-48-hour) in Selkirk, MB, and provide proof of a negative result, prior to being approved for access.
- In the case of a positive COVID-19 case in community or an increase of cases in Manitoba, off-reserve membership access will be revoked as a safety measure.
For off-reserve members residing outside Manitoba, each individual will be required to take a COVID-19 test (24-48-hour) in Selkirk, MB, and provide proof of a negative result, prior to being approved for access.
Peguis Health and the Peguis COVID-19 Pandemic Team remind all members to be safe and practice social distancing to ensure the safety for all of our members.