Peguis Community Supports And Services
POSITION SUMMARY: The Executive Director is a leadership and resource role to develop, coordinate, enhance and deliver all components of Peguis Community Supports and Services. With direction from the Peguis First Nation Leadership and The Peguis Community Supports and Services Board of Directors, the Executive Director provides leadership in development, implementation and evaluation of the Peguis Community Supports and Services departments. This is accomplished through standards of care, policies and procedures. The role includes responsibility for fulfilment of the relevant mission statements and philosophies for service, and effective consistent communication with representatives of the array of agents in the mental and primary health care delivery system. The Executive Director functions in a manner that is consistent with and supports the Mission, Vision and Values of the Peguis Community Services and Supports organization.
Function and duties include but are not limited to the following:
Provides leadership and support to the programs of Peguis Community Supports and Services in the following areas of responsibility:
- Program Management
- Leadership/Service Delivery
- Ensures the quality of client care management is consistent with the mission and strategic plan of Peguis Community Supports and Services
- Provides ongoing leadership to an interdisciplinary mental health care and crisis services team
- Fiscal Management
- In collaboration with the Peguis First Nation Leadership and the Peguis Community Supports and Services Board of Directors, allocates human and financial resources to mee the needs of the programs.
- Quality Management
- In collaboration with the team, develops, organizes, implements and evaluates a continuous improvement/risk management//utilization review program, including: the establishment of objectives and criteria for the program, participation in the process review, development of procedures, documenting activities indicating correction actions taken, ensuring participation of all staff, with the goal to improve productivity and outcome measurement.
- Environmental Management
- Ensures that all staff comply with the policies and procedures regarding waste handling and equipment disposal
- Communicates with program staff, both individually and as a group to promote efficient functioning and high morale.
- Close interaction and communication with the Peguis First Nation Leadership and the Peguis Community Supports and Services Board of Directors in apprising them of any problems, situations and/or differences.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in health or social services (BSW, RPN), with an equivalent combination of knowledge and experience.
- Current, active registration with the applicable licensing body and a member in good standing
- Advanced education in health care management and relevant experience
- Certification is Mental Health First Aid, ASIST, First Aid/CPR, NVCI, ….
- Minimum five (5) years mental health experience required; with two (2) years clinical supervision/leadership experience required, preferably in a youth aged setting.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter no later than 4:30 pm on November 30, 2022, to:
Peguis Community Supports and Services
Lynette McDonald, Executive Director
Unit 102-620 Manitoba Avenue
Selkirk, MB R1A 1A5
**only those selected for an interview will be contacted***