Since 2000 the Peguis Family Centre has been a multi-functional program geared towards parents, families, and young children. This initiative has focused on the parents to support them as they strive to help their children grow into healthy well-adjusted individuals. Our program works with families and children 0-3 years. We will be increasing our age range to 4 years old this year.
The program will operate and look different as we take the necessary precautions to keep children, families, and staff safe. We will be doing all we can to support children and families during this transition. With Covid-19 some changes will be made to help ensure the safety of our families and staff.
What the Program will do
- Will limit the amount of registered children/families into the program until it is safe to increase.
- Registering/orientations and assessments will start September 14th, 2020.
- Classes will resume October 19th, 2020.
- There will be four classes instead of our regular two. MON/ TUES AM & PM Classes and WED/THURS AM & PM Classes.
- Will continue to provide resources for parents regarding Covis-19 and prevention.
- Will continue to promote health, safety and early learning for children and families.
- We will not be allowing any other unregistered children/ visitors or community members into the centre.
- Entering the building: A staff member will meet you and guide you through the entry procedures.
- Screening: Staff will ask a set of risk assessment screening questions upon arrival.
- Children and parents will wash their hands when arriving, before and after eating.
- Will remove any toys or objects that were put in child’s mouth.
- Learning Environment: Space will be rearranged and marked for physical distancing.
- Signage: Information will be posted in various locations.
- Hand washing: Frequent hand washing hands throughout the day as required.
- Sanitizing and disinfecting: Staff will complete thorough cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting daily and at specified periods of the day.