Peguis First Nation will begin to lift certain COVID-19 restrictions starting May 15, 2020, as the Province of Manitoba has already started Phase One of its reopening.
Beginning May 15, 2020, Peguis First Nation, Kinonjeoshtegon First Nation, Dallas/Redrose, Fisher Bay and Harwill will begin lifting certain COVID-19 in our communities. This includes:
1) Check Point Restrictions: 10:00 pm – 6:00 am Curfew will continue to be implemented.
– Restricted Areas – Winnipeg and Dauphin and Brandon
– High-Risk Areas – Portage la Prairie, cities along Highway #1
Selkirk, MB has been recommended for removal as a restricted area, members allowed to travel to Selkirk, MB.
Check Point restrictions will still be in effect until June 1, 2020.
Any members travelling to restricted areas will have to self-isolate for 14 days. Time limits will be adjusted for members that plan on travelling outside the community for non-essential healthcare appointments or recreational activities.
2) Cottage/Cabin Access: Leadership from Peguis First Nation, Fisher River Cree Nation, Kinonjeoshtegon First Nation, Harwill, Red Rose, Dallas and the RM of Fisher have collectively agreed to allow access through the communities for cabin/cottage owners as of May 15, 2020. Cottage owners will be provided access at Peguis First Nation Check Points. Cabin and cottage owners will be escorted, by security, directly to their properties. There is a NO STOPPING and NO CONTACT order for cottage owners while travelling through our communities at this time. All cottage owners are required to bring enough groceries and supplies for the duration of their visit. Shopping, including fuel, within the communities will not be allowed. Any cottage owners that do not follow these rules will be escorted out of the community and banned from entering Check Points, until the State of Emergency for Peguis First Nation is removed.
3) Recreational Campers and Fishers: Leadership from Peguis First Nation, Fisher River Cree Nation, Kinonjeoshtegon First Nation, Harwill, Red Rose, Dallas and the RM of Fisher have collectively agreed to NOT ALLOW access through the communities for recreational campers and fishers until further notice.
4) Deliveries: Deliveries of non-essential goods from outside the community will be permitted. For clearance, please call the COVID-19 Hotline at (204) 645-2869 or (204) 645-4738.
5) Off-Reserve Emergency Assistance: Deadline for applications is May 18, 2020
6) Off-Reserve Members Access: No access at check points for members residing off-reserve.