With a spike in COVID-19 cases in the community today, Peguis Public Health is requesting help of all our community members to stop the spread of the Covid 19 virus in Peguis First Nation. It is very important for each member follow the basic safety measures of wearing a face mask, social distancing and continuing of washing your hands.
Results of today’s outbreak in case numbers are:
10 new cases today and 63 new isolations today with final numbers provided tomorrow when contact tracing will be completed with new cases.
Peguis Public Health is recommending the following restrictions for next 2 weeks:
1 )No visiting, stay home and refrain from travelling in and outside of community.
2 )Winnipeg is restricted except for “Essential Medical Travel”.
3) Curb side pick up will become available in the community stores soon, members are encouraged to utilize that service when available.
4) Absolutely no gatherings or parties of any kind allowed. RCMP will be notified of any situation.
5) Please refrain from posting on Facebook about COVID-19 related posts as they can cause panic and stress.
6) Members residing in Peguis First Nation are encouraged to travel for shopping for essentials no further than Selkirk, Gimli, Riverton, Arborg, Ashern, Fisher Branch.
7) All employees are recommended to stay within their “family bubble” and “work bubble”. Please adjust your office procedures to reduce interaction with fellow employees in the community.
8) Stay home when you are feeling sick or any type symptoms. Notify your supervisor or employer.
9) All events in the community are cancelled until further notice.
Over the next two weeks, we will be moving to a more restricted mode within the community. These will help stop the spread of the virus and are our best tools we have to fight this virus. It is important our members understand and follow these recommendations and restrictions as these changes to help us keep everyone safe.
Full update will be provided to members in tomorrow’s full announcement.
Peguis Public Health
Peguis Pandemic Planning Team
Peguis Chief and Council