Peguis Public Health would like to let community members know that THERE ARE NO COVID-19 CASES in the community of Peguis First Nation.
Public Health Nurses are working together and if there are any cases in Peguis, we will inform community members (no names, just cases). PHIA will not allow Peguis Public Health to release any names. Right now, Dr Brent Roussin releases that the cases so far are clusters. Clusters meaning in small groups ie: Colonies. PHIA does not allow us to know where and who the cases are outside of our region.
We all need to be careful and protect our families by continuing to social distance, washing our hands, wearing a mask when in public and stay home if you are sick and do not go out in public until you feel better.
In the meantime, stay healthy by:
1. Eating nutritious foods. Fruits and vegetables-build your vitamins up in your body.
2. Keep your home and vehicle sanitized everyday.
3. Wear a mask when out in public.
4. Please avoid public places. Only go to a store or shopping if you absolutely have to.
5. How is COVID19 transmitted https://manitoba.ca/covid19/updates/about.html#collapse3
6. If you feel sick Contact Health Links-at 1-888-315-9257 (toll-free) if you’re experiencing symptoms of COVID-19