Beginning at 6:00 a.m., Tuesday, October 6, 2020, Peguis Public Health is recommending only “Essential Medical Travel” outside of the community, until further notice. Members residing in Peguis First Nation are encouraged to travel no further than Gimli, Riverton, Arborg, Ashern, Fisher Branch for shopping. These security measures are to help prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus in our community.
Peguis First Nation LOCAL restrictions in place until October 9, 2020 are EXTENDED to OCTOBER 30, 2020, including:
– Face Masks are required to be worn in all public settings, work places and businesses.
– No gatherings of 10 or more people allowed, indoors and outdoors
– Reduce visiting within the communities, families are requested to stay within their “bubble”.
– Designate one (1) individual from each household to do shopping and errands.
Members are recommended not to travel to Provincial Restricted “Orange” Areas or Hot Spots identified in Manitoba.
These include the:
• City of Winnipeg;
• City of Selkirk;
• Town of Stonewall;
• Rural Municipality (RM) of Cartier;
• RM of Headingley;
• RM of Macdonald;
• RM of Ritchot;
• RM of Rockwood (Teulon, Stonewall and Stony Mountain);
• RM of Rosser;
• RM of Springfield;
• RM of St. Andrews (Clandeboye, Petersfield, and Lockport);
• RM of St. Clements (Beaconia, East Selkirk, Grand Marais, Libau, Lockport, Scanterbury, and Thalberg);
• RM of St. François Xavier;
• RM of Taché;
• RM of West St. Paul;
• RM of East St. Paul;
• Town of Niverville; and
• Village of Dunnottar
New measures being put in place help slow the spread of COVID-19 are:
– Masks will be mandatory in all indoor public places in these communities.
– All private and public gatherings will be restricted to 10 people both indoors and outdoors.
These restrictions will remain in place for Provincial Restricted (Orange) areas or Hot Spots for a minimum of 4 weeks (two incubation periods of the virus), beginning September 28, 2020. Further direction or additional restrictions may be put in place by public health at any time.
Peguis Public Health