Location: 620 Manitoba Ave, Selkirk, MB
Reporting to the Pharmacy Manager and under the general supervision of a Pharmacist or other Pharmacy Technician, the incumbent is responsible for procuring stores, prepares, compounds, packages, maintains, issues, and distributes drugs, chemicals, and supplies in accordance with policy, directives and procedures of the Regional Pharmacy Program. Complete related clerical duties (document, record, price, and filing).
The incumbent exercises the appropriate level of initiative and independent judgment in determining work priorities, work methods to be employed and action to be taken on unusual matters.
- APP Accredited Pharmacy Technician Certificate OR the program prescribed by the College of Pharmacists of Manitoba for candidates who successfully complete a non-CCAPP Accredited Pharmacy Technician Certificate.
- Recognized as a Pharmacy Technician by the College of Pharmacists of Manitoba (CPhM).
- Completion or eligible to complete the CPhM Pharmacy Technician Structured Practical Training Program and CPhM Pharmacy Technician Jurisprudence Examination.
- Ability to pass and maintain Regional Pharmacy Program Pharmacy Technician competency assessments.
- Completion of grade twelve
- Knowledge of medical terminology essential.
- Previous experience in a independent pharmacy setting is preferred
- Basic computer experience is required including typing skills ( minimum 40wpm)
- Demonstrated competency in pharmaceutical calculations.
- Must possess effective written and oral communications skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work harmoniously with others
- Ability to exercise good judgment and to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and with an accurate attention to detail
- Given the cultural diversity of our region, the ability to respect and promote a cultural diverse population is required
- Proficiency in Kroll
- Demonstrated ability to meet the physical and mental demands of the job
- Demonstrated ability to respect confidentiality including paper, electronic formats and other mediums
A candidate of first nation descent is preferred. However, those that have proper credentials are also taken into consideration.
Please forward your info and resumes including two letters of reference from a previous employer to; Gerald McCorrister, Director of Human Resources, at the Peguis First Nation Band Administration Office. For more information, call: Gerald McCorrister @ 204-645-2359 or email resumes PegBand.HR@peguisfirstnation.ca
DEADLINE FOR RESUMES WITH REFERENCES IS May 29, 2020