Position: Post Harvest Manager
Job Type: Full Time, Salaried
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Reporting to: Quality Insurance Manager (QAM)
About MJardin Group
MJardin Group’s mission is to set the standard for successful ownership and management of assets in the cannabis industry. Our Colorado founders spent a decade refining cultivation methodology, collecting and implementing data driven standards and designing state of the art facilities. Today, MJardin owns or manages multiple operations in two US states and three Canadian provinces, supplying the market with premium products. We are committed to our Canadian First Nation joint ventures and all our partnerships across the cannabis supply chain. MJardin is publicly listed on the CSE (MJAR) and the QXOTC (MJARF) with offices in Denver, Colorado and Toronto, Ontario. For more information, please visit www.mjardin.com
Role and Responsibilities
The Post Harvest Manager role is accountable for overseeing and producing all aspects that take place during plant harvest through to providing packaged product for distribution. The Post-Harvest Manager must work closely with the QAP to ensure all aspects of Post-Harvest activities comply with Cannabis Regulations. The candidate must be organized, efficient, and self driven.
- Manage Post-Harvest Department employees in all aspects of: Performance management, employee relations, compensation inquiries etc. with the assistance of Human Resources
- Interview and select new employees in the Post-Harvest Department
- Plan scheduling and hours of work for Post-Harvest Department staff
- Oversee harvest, drying and product curing processes per MJardin SOP and work instructions
- Oversee proper trimming, packaging and labeling equipment sanitation and maintenance per MJardin SOP and work instructions
- Draft, revise and review SOPs
- Provide support to QAM duties. Act as Alternate Quality Assurance Person
- Work directly to coordinate harvests, drying, and curing schedules with Operations Manager
- Prepare representative lot samples for lab testing
- Ensure proper use of seed-to-sale software in the Post-Harvest Department
- Monitor inventory levels of cannabis products and retained samples in secure storage areas
- Monitor inventory levels of packaging materials needed for finished cannabis products
- Work closely with the QAM and Sales Team to ensure quality and sales standards
- Responsible for reviewing records for tasks completed and promptly report any deviations to the QAM.
- Work closely with QAM to investigate deviations and implement corrective and preventive actions
- Attend and participate in meetings as required
- Understand regulatory, fulfillment, and allocation per the MBLL and the LGCA of Manitoba
- Assist with fulfillment duties
- Support staff training when required
- Always progress towards higher efficiencies and process development
- Responsible to ensure safe work procedures are being followed and to report hazards and unsafe work to QAM and Health & Safety representative.
- Any other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of Science degree or Equivalent
- 3 – 5 years experience in a highly regulated environment
- Previous experience in Quality Assurance departments or evidence of having worked in close interaction with QA in cannabis, pharmaceuticals, medical or food processing
- Ability to operate standard office equipment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Teams, and basic computer skills
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical capabilities
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to complete required paperwork
- Successful completion of criminal and additional background checks
- Physically able to perform all responsibilities
- Health Canada security clearance
- Previous experience in a supervisory role
- Previous interaction with government regulatory inspectors and/or third party auditors
- Previous experience using inventory management / production tracking software (ERP, SAP, Ample)
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position that requires but is not limited to, 40 hours per week. Operational hours are dependent on the client and facility operations. This position may be required to work weekends and holidays.
During harvest, the employee are expected to lead the team to complete the harvest and the hours may be staggered at that time.
Physical and Environmental Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull 50 pounds
- Ability to sit, squat, bend, and kneel repetitively throughout an 8 or 10-hour day
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to visually identify security concerns, safety hazards, and signage
- Ability to use a ladder up to 20 feet high
Exposure to pollen, allergens, and non-carcinogenic pesticides, dust, odors, extreme temperatures, high light intensity and low light levels, vibrations, slip hazards and water. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Management reserves the right to assign other job duties as necessary. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.