Position: Post Harvest Technician
Job Type: Full Time, Hourly
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Reporting to: Quality Assurance Manager
Role and Responsibilities
The Post Harvest Technician role is responsible for overseeing and producing all aspects of the plant harvest until the product is packaged and ready for distribution. The Post Harvest Technician is a hands on role and must ensure to be compliant to Health Canada’s Cannabis Regulations while following Health and Safety protocols.
- Lead harvest process per MJardin SOP
- Conduct drying process per MJardin SOP and work instructions
- Conduct product curing per MJardin SOP and work instructions
- Run, clean, maintain trimming equipment
- Run, clean, and maintain packaging and labeling equipment
- Work directly to coordinate harvests, drying, and curing schedules with Operations Manager
- Work closely with the Quality Assurance Personnel and Sales Team to ensure quality and sales standards
- Always progress towards higher efficiencies and process development
- Responsible for accurately completing appropriate documentation and records for tasks completed and submitting to QAP
- Responsible to promptly report any deviations from Standard Operating Procedures to the QAP.
- Data input/tracking with compliance software
- Responsible to ensure safe work procedures are being followed and to report hazards and unsafe work to immediate supervisor, or Health & Safety representative.
- Attend and participate in meetings as required
- Understand regulatory, fulfillment, and allocation per the MBLL and the LGCA of Manitoba
- Assist with fulfillment duties
- Monitor inventory levels of cannabis products in secure storage areas
- Monitor inventory levels of packaging materials needed for finished cannabis products
- Monitor retained samples inventory in secure storage areas
- Provide additional support when needed with production activities
- Any other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Ability to operate standard office equipment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Teams, and basic computer skills
- Previous experience in a highly regulated environment
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical capabilities
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to complete required paperwork
- Successful completion of criminal and additional background checks
- Physically able to perform all responsibilities
- Previous experience conducting light equipment maintenance and troubleshooting
- Demonstrate strong organization skills, efficiency, and self driven.
- Ability to obtain Health Canada security clearance
- Previous experience using inventory management / production tracking software (ERP, SAP, Ample)
- Post Secondary Education
Expected Hours of Work
The employee is expected to work standard hours of work of 40 hours per week over five consecutive work days. During harvest, the employee are expected to lead the team to complete the harvest and the hours may be staggered at that time.
Although the employee will have standard hours, the company at times does require you to be available seven (7) days per week including holidays, weekends and possible split-shifts. The employee must be able to work a minimum of eight (8) hours a shift and work rotating shifts Sunday through Saturday.
Physical and Environmental Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull 50 pounds
- Ability to sit, squat, bend, and kneel repetitively throughout an 8 or 10-hour day
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to visually identify security concerns, safety hazards, and signage
- Ability to use a ladder up to 20 feet high
Exposure to pollen, allergens, and non-carcinogenic pesticides, dust, odors, extreme temperatures, high light intensity and low light levels, vibrations, slip hazards and water. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Management reserves the right to assign other job duties as necessary. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested applicants are requested to email a personal resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org