The Peguis Development Corporation (PDC) is seeking the services of a
PROJECT MANAGER – IT and Store Development
As an employee of our Chief Peguis Industries business unit, the Project Manager will work with the Vice President of Marketing and Store Development and CPI Project Managers on a variety of specific projects and will ensure that a project is completed on time and that the project’s objectives are met and will ensure other staff involved in the project are on target with the proposed date of completion. The Project Manager will lead and oversee specific projects in regard to IT systems, Store development, including renovation, inventory systems and maintenance to ensure the desired result is achieved and the most efficient resources are used and the different interests involved are satisfied with the overall profitable operations of PDC stores. More broadly, the Project Manager will work with the CPI Project Managers on their Capital projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will become an accountable member of a multi-disciplinary team providing oversight and coordination of projects, particularly in regard to its retail operations. The incumbent will employ project management best practices and methods to ensure work is planned and executed to applicable standards, regulatory requirements
- Manage and provide leadership for all projects under their responsibility in areas including but not limited to IT systems, inventory systems, store renovations, new store planning and construction.
- Monitor and manage construction schedules and monitor workforce
- Ensure that correct material and equipment is available to the workforce
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with consultants, clients, suppliers and sub contractors
- Ensure project forecasting is accurate, and that projects come in on time and within budget.
- Ensure accurate reports are completed in a timely manner
- Complete accurate and timely billings to ensure positive cashflow
- Price and negotiate all changes in scope
- Build and maintain customer and supplier/vendor relationships
- Represent PDC in project meetings and attend strategy meeting
- Provides technical oversight and general review to ensure compliance with project requirements
- Performs and advises on risk assessment relative to project scope and complexity
- Ensure Project Management software is implemented
- Up to date knowledge of applicable building codes, relevant standards, acts, legislation
- Must have 3 to 5 years of project management in regard to IT, building systems, and commercial renovations.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience working with the development and bringing-to-use computer information systems, including hardware, communication networks, and software.
- Candidates must have a minimum 3 years managing multiple complex projects
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation or working towards this designation, would be considered an asset
- Proven project and contract management skills and ability to effectively monitor contractors, consultants, evaluate work in progress and identify/resolve deficiencies
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects with varying resources and conflicting/competing timelines
- Ability to produce status reports, prepare presentations and communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, as required
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications and knowledge of construction control software such as MS Project
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Access to a vehicle is a requirement although a vehicle may be provided should the amount of travel warrant
- Must be willing to travel and work independently
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please forward your Resume or CV by Tuesday, May 18, 2021 @ 3:00 pm along with three professional (3) references to:
Mark Dourn, CEO
Peguis Development Corporation
Phone: (204)645-3405 Fax: (204)645-2198
We thank all those who applied; however, applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.